Thursday 23 April 2015

Hear Me Out


IT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAY, IT'S HOW YOU SAY IT

I learned something really effective today. How to get an important message across without saying much and how to grab someone's attention and keep it even though what I was saying had little or no value. Both were by the way I said the words and how I presented myself while delivering them. According to Albert Mehrabian and his 7%-38%-55% rule - we have greater impact communicating through tone of voice and even more with facial expressions than with the words themselves.

So, my weather waffle/chat in the coffee shop today received giggles and lots of eye contact - even though I talked complete nonsense, but all delivered with purpose and a cheery smile....which got me a free drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment