Sunday 5 April 2015

Sugar Sunday


THE GREAT EASTER EGG HUNT

Not being in any way religious, Easter Sunday to me is just another day to enjoy with family and friends. For the kids, it usually starts with an egg hunt. I love this game and can remember playing it when I was a kid. The eggs, being large and with extra packaging - were and still are, pretty easy to find in the house. So I've stepped the game up a bit as it's my turn to hide the chocolate now.


This year I've devised a game that involves searching for chocolates using a metal detector on the beach. I was a bit ambitious with the size of the area for a couple of youngsters to properly search in before the sun went down. Consequently, they weren't as thorough as they should have been and I ended up finding quite a few myself - it was a lot of fun! I think I enjoyed it the most...and by the end of the day, there was a lot of chocolate from the earlier large egg hunt from around the apartment coupled with the ones we'd planned for the beach. How do the kids manage to eat so much chocolate? Is this good for them (or us adults)? Maybe we need to have more healthier options - here's some great ideas on Pinterest - maybe next year, hey?!

No comments:

Post a Comment