Wednesday 15 April 2015

Doing something


MAKING THE MOST OF PRODUCTIVE TIME

So yesterday was a mostly productive day - quite intense but with a bit of R&R. So I've set aside today as my first chance to do nothing. Doing 'nothing', as I've now realised, just isn't entirely possible. There's always a bit of 'I'll just do that first' and then after that I'll relax.... That's why planning on doing not very much today didn't work out too well...because the 'just do that' got in the way again and again. However, I'm ok with it today as I was being so efficiently productive, that I managed to get a lot done in a relatively short space of time.

That being said, It's a beautiful sunny, warm day here in London and yet I've spent the most part of it in front of a computer in a darkened room. Thing is, there'll be another sunny day but it's not often that I'll get such clarity on my thinking like today and you have to take those opportunities when they come along. I managed to get so much done this morning that I'm now in the sun with the knowledge that tomorrow will be another day of doing something with more breaks factored in rather than spending the whole day in front of a computer screen.

It's all down to balance - which can be said about everything in life. Finding a place of balance in our lives is always subjective and ever changing. Accepting that balance is merely a concept that should be monitored from a place of harmony within our mind body and environment, will help us to stay in tune more. That's the place I want (and need to get to) - where I'm less frantic trying to fit so much in to a day and not feeling so run ragged. If I'm in a more relaxed state, the working moments will be the most productive and rewarding too.

No comments:

Post a Comment