Monday 27 April 2015

Life Is Short



WHERE DID IT GO?

It's been a busy day for me and yet I've barely completed what I set out to get done today. Where did the time go? Where did the weekend go and where is the year going for that matter? Time is flying by. It's late so I'll keep this one short for today. Someone I knew well died at 2.40pm today. She was just over 40 years old. That's really not a long enough life and because it came from nowhere, it reinforces something we should be aware of each day - our mortality. 

It's really starting to hit home how short life is - and how short quality life can be too. Just yesterday I talked with a good friend about our ailments and the onset of arthritis creeping in and failing eyesight.


If we're fit and able, we need to make the most of our time now while we can still do the things we enjoy doing. We should aim to do more with our lives and keep a reminder to hand as the great scholars did - something that clearly defines our short time on this planet so we waste time no more.

RIP PIP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment