Tuesday 14 April 2015

Do nothing


CLEAR YOUR DIARY

It's amazing how busy your day can get when you've got 'free' time. How do we manage to fit it all in when we're working 5 days a week and bringing up a family? 

There's always lots of tasks that need require action on the to do list. Many of these tasks do seem to have gotten more complicated these days - especially when it's dealing with customer services. You can't just call up and deal with something quickly anymore. Data protection, voice recognition telephone services and out of the UK call centres, means dealing with banks, credit card companies and even other standard service providers like mobile, satellite, broadband and other tech centres, takes a lot longer and often brings up additional tasks that need addressing.

Consequently, I've spent half my day dealing with accounts, insurance and banking issues. All have been fairly simple tasks in principle that have dragged on and left me feeling stressed out. It would be great to have a PA deal with these boring and life-draining tasks to free up the time for more rewarding pursuits.

Simplify
I've now decided against using my credit cards any more, mostly as I wish to clear my debt but also because their call centres irritate me that much. So knowing I won't have to deal with these calls anymore this will be a good motivation to stop my spending! I will also avoid having any internet provider other than using hotspots or use my phone's data for the same reasons. And I'm certainly not subscribing to satellite TV - so this will stop so much lounging in front of the TV. 

Ultimately, the less I have to deal with any of the above, plus banks, councils, HMRC or DVLA - the better it will make me feel. So, maybe it's also time to sell the car too. I'll then cycle more often or use a hire car when its required instead...

I've still got a couple more annoying calls to make today. Tomorrow I will clear the diary completely and switch this phone off instead. That way I'll see if it really is possible to clear the diary and do nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment