Saturday 10 October 2015

Remembering Youth


THE BENEFITS OF WISDOM

When we are young adults, we start to believe we know best. We've been on the planet long enough to learn what's right and wrong and needn't listen to our parents and peers to inform us otherwise - what do they know? A lot it turns out. 

We should try and remember how we were in earlier years. It helps us communicate better with the young. As much as we try, it's still difficult to convey how we know more, as they (I remember) don't want to listen. Life is a path of discovery and rediscovery. Even now, in my 40's, I'm still essentially the same person, but I have a far wider scope and perception than I had previously. My parents will have an even wider perspective and our grandparents an even greater viewpoint of the world.

In western culture, we tend to ignore the elderly and what they have to say. We certainly don't look after or up to or appreciate them as other cultures do. This is certainly something we need to start doing more of and listening to our elder's life-earned wisdom is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment