Tuesday 27 October 2015

300


HAPPY 300th FOCUS DAY

Today marks the anniversary of 300 consecutive days writing a blog since starting on the 1st of January 2015. This is by no means my last day and signifies nothing more really than benchmarking the last century before reaching my 365 goal, but doing this feat for 300 straight days is an impressively high number all the same.

The idea of writing every day came about by chance. I wanted to get up early and get my thoughts out in the open and see where it led me. I can still clearly remember that first morning. As the world slept off it's hangovers, I was looking at a blank screen and waiting for inspiration on what topic my first blog page would be about. I wasn't disappointed in what my mind chose to write and the words have continued to flow freely from that day forward. The first week was a monumental milestone for me and as the following weeks came and went, the one month's milestone was special. It confirmed something I already knew...that I was well on my way to change.

Today, as I hit the 300 day milestone, it's still a significant number but it's essentially just another daily reminder - as have been all those other days. They reaffirm my decision for positive change.

This live journal I'm writing, with daily evaluations accessible for all to see and play witness to being learned. It is a clear indicator of progress. It's something we should all try and do. The content should not be a concern - as the words should flow freely from the heart.

And if the idea of publishing content for all to see is too much of an intrusion into our private thoughts, there's a great website that someone has created for this very purpose where the content is hidden, so nobody but you can look back on your 'brain dump'. The website is called 750 words

No comments:

Post a Comment