Monday 5 October 2015

Go Posh


OPTING FOR QUALITY

After a three night stag-do weekend bender, the mind and body are feeling a little weary, so it's going to take something special to bring energy levels back, where I can feel good once again about taking on the day's tasks.

The madness that is termed the 'stag-do', has finally come to a close. The bravado has ceased and I've survived with nothing broken or lost and my dignity in tact. I now just need to get the brain functioning properly and decent food will be essential for repairing the alcohol-drenched, sleep deprived brain cells and to replenish the dancing legs. 

Making Good Food Choices
There's a wealth of choice here in Brighton, but it's raining and making the right food choices when we're run down, cold & tired, means we'll likely get this important key food decision wrong. 

A big sloppy plate of greasy, stodgy food, like a classic full English, may seem like a good idea, but the environment is not likely to be that great. Also, those cheap fry ups aren't the most lovingly prepared meals so it won't look that appealing and cheap processed, fried ingredients might not actually be all that good for us either. It certainly won't make us feel vital or back on form, unless we go for a 'posher' option. 


Côte To Coast
Côte Brasserie is one of my favourite, reasonably priced restaurant chains. They consistently deliver quality cooked & tasty French cuisine. I's one of my 'go to's' when I want something palatable that requires limited decision making on my part, because I can be assured they have got it right on so many previous occasions. 

The breakfast eaten at the Brighton branch this morning, was up there as one of the best I've ever had. The waiter patiently waited and assisted me in my decisions for designing the breakfast I truly wanted. The different menu options had elements I wanted in each, so I selected my perfect combination of ingredients, containing quality minerals, vitamins, protein, cabs and good fats. 

The French chef cooked everything to perfection in just the right quantities of food and placed everything on the plate in a well considered and presentable fashion. 

The friendly & accommodating waiter lovingly knocked up a delicious mocha and gracefully brought everything over to me, including filtered water, a fresh press of cloudy apple juice and a smile. I'd already identified the best table and feng shui position to be sat in. So before commencing my sumptuous meal, I took a quiet moment to look around and fully appreciate what I'd paid a premium for. 

For just a few extra pounds, I was sat comfortably in a spacious, beautiful period building with a well designed calming interior and pretty much had it all to myself. I had chosen an establishment where the staff are skilled at ensuring their clients are happy. Hence, I'd gotten my meal today totally bespoke and without any fuss either. I could leisurely tuck in to this sumptuous meal, with just the light sounds of some chilled tunes playing in the background. I was in the perfect environment for reflection on how great the weekend had been and was savouring the delicate flavours of a well-prepared quality and hardy meal whilst simultaneously flicking through the news and writing my blog. 

This meal wouldn't have had the same effect on my mental state if I'd opted for a cheaper greasy spoon cafe and arguably this experience has been so exceptional, that I don't even feel like I've been on a messy full-on weekend any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment