Tuesday 13 October 2015

Mind Over Illness



DONT LET THE FLU BUG BUG YOU

'It's that time of year.' I'm hearing this phrase a lot lately in connection to a bout of colds that are doing the rounds. 

The place where I'm currently working is rife with sniffles and coughs - some absentees even (which has been to my benefit). And because it's held in popular belief that a change in the weather brings colds and flu, a lot are succumbing to the bugs. But not me. 

It's All In The Mind
I can't afford to be ill, particularly at this time while I'm low in funds. I've already managed to dodge colds at the beginning of this year, particularly at that time when winter turns into spring and 'that time of year' phrase gets bounded around for the first time. 

It's amazing how we succumb to language and popular opinion if we allow it. This learning all comes back to my very first posts of 2015 - the ones about being up early in the morning and essentially getting a jump on our brains, the day and what we want out of it. 

This morning was another clear win for me. I got ahead of the cold, did my yoga and daily positive affirmations. Lo and behold, I'm still feeling tip top, when I could so easily have told myself I was getting ill and made that become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment