Sunday 11 October 2015

Pockets And Jackets




KEY KEEPERS

I really don't like losing things but it happens to us all from time to time. To avoid this from occurring, the key is to limit the risk. I'm going to say this, in the hope I never have to back track...I have never lost a wallet or keys, or a phone for that matter. 

The reason why, I follow a routine and always keep the keys, wallet and phone in the same places. That way, I know where they are at all times. But, if I'm going to lose a wallet or keys, I want to limit the losses as much as possible. So, I rarely carry much cash in my wallet and pretty much keep the contents to a basic minimum. Bank cards, ID/licence, gym card and £20 cash. That's it.

I also keep my keys to a minimum. I never take a massive bunch of keys around with me. My keys are kept in groups. House keys, bike lock keys, car keys, garage keys. I add or subtract as necessary. If I travel, I take just the door keys. On the door keyring is a little engraved plaque with my phone number and email address. Worse case scenario, I misplace a set of door keys and someone will hopefully see the contact details or it's only £10 to replace them. 

I always put my keys in the same place on the dresser every night. Otherwise, they stay in the front right pocket of my trousers or shorts. I never carry them in a jacket pocket. Same goes for wallet. As I only ever carry the bare essentials, my wallet is small enough to fit in my front right or back right pocket, I never need to stick either of these valuables in a jacket. 

Lost Property
The amount of times I've lost or left a jacket somewhere - countless. Lost property is full of them. Hence why I never carry my stuff in a jacket pocket. It's a no brainer really, travel light and keep the important things close to hand. Simple. And yet I know quite a few friends who, on a seemingly regular basis, lose phones, wallets and keys - and of course their jackets too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment