Sunday 18 January 2015

Listen And Learn


LEARNING ON THE GO

I try and actively learn something new every day as part of my 2015 mantra. I love reading, but rarely get the time to sit down and properly read - to be in a place to really take on board the story or information from the pages...there's too much work to be done! That's the beauty of pod-casts and audiobooks. The great thing is, you can leave your hands free for doing other autonomous things. I often listen to podcasts and audiobooks when I'm travelling on public transport or driving in the car. Yesterday, while washing the car, I listened to an informative book on understanding sleep, entitled 'Night School'. You can download this audio book from Audible. The great thing for me, was that it was also free as part of my Times+ subscription - another great perk of my job. 


Tech Time
In line with my new thinking/approach for shorter blogs - allowing more time for other research, I'll be continuing to set up my online & social preferences today. There's some handy little apps and extensions out there for making things that bit easier. I'll also be adding a page at some point in the not too distant future, with some of my tech time-saving and useful apps & tweaks. For now, check out Pocket - it's a great way to save stuff for future reading/viewing/research.

No comments:

Post a Comment