Friday 13 November 2015

Special Places


TOTARA TREE - WAIPU COVE, NZ

Today I rewind the clock back to a special place in my mind - Waipu beach, New Zealand, which is where I spent some magical time travelling in early 2002. 

Jutting out horizontally from a cliff about 100 foot above a rocky beach, I balanced precariously on the thick trunk and looking through the branches of this majestic Totara tree, snapped a photo into the sun. 

It was a memorable moment in many ways - but this snapshot in time, symbolising the true beginnings of an adventure that would span continents, is my 'go-to memory happy place' that I pull forward when I wish to relive those blissful feelings of freedom and self-discovery. 

We should all have moments like these in our lives - places and spaces - moments when we felt secure, unafraid, happy and liberated. These are the memories that we can freely draw on to recharge our spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment