Friday 20 March 2015

Don't Rely On Others


DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

You may have heard the phrase: If you want a job done properly, do it yourself. I've been realising this increasingly more as I deal with large organisations who are so inefficient and therefore incapable of doing a job properly that I've had to take matters into my own hands. A few weeks back, I wrote about how my car had been crashed into. Since then, I've been dealing with insurance companies, the police and local government. None of them have proved very capable of sorting this out with a positive outcome for me - so my involvement has been paramount for success.

Do It Yourself
Without my intervention and investigations, the driver of the other vehicle would have gotten away scott free. The situation as it stands now, through knocking on doors and speaking with workmen - I have two witnesses, a signed statement for the police, CCTV footage and a brand new replacement hire car - an AMG 350 CDi Mercedes cabriolet to get me through while the repairs are being made - and all because I made the effort to investigate, put in the calls and argue my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment