Tuesday 10 March 2015

Creating Time


THE THEORY OF QUALITY TIME

I find that there's rarely enough time in the day to do everything and be at my best the whole time to get the best results. Because we're on a bit of a lock-down when it comes to spending money or going out at the moment - on the occasions when we do allow ourselves to cut loose - we really do go overboard. So we went out this weekend and got really excited - and consequently, really drunk. This means the weekend was a bit of a haze and although we managed to get everything done that we'd planned, some of it was a real struggle and I'm still feeling off-key today. It means my mind is telling me to not do the things I'd planned on doing because the quality won't be the same - as I'm not mentally or physically equipped to do them as well.


However, after watching The Theory of Everything last night, I've seen how someone with a real handicap has managed to achieve such greatness in their life and I will be sure to remember this story when the mind and body is telling me to slow down, give up or leave tasks until another day - essentially, finding excuses for not doing something. This guy, Stephen Hawking, who developed Motor Neurone disease at a young age and was given just two years to live, has made everything seem possible.


A Brief History of Time
If one man was able to conceive of an idea for something as big as justifying time, the universe and everything - and painstakingly write it down by squinting a cheek muscle, I'm damn sure a healthy (if just slightly dulled from overindulgence and a lack of sleep) person can string a few paragraphs together.

It was the BAFTA Awards this weekend - and the Stephen Hawking film was given 3 awards but another film watched recently that equally deserved accolades and especially Benedict Cumberbatch for his superb acting, The Imitation Game - both a real inspiration for what can be achieved if the mind is strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment