Tuesday 1 December 2015

The Advent Of New Beginnings


BEGINNING OF A NEW YEAR

The pressures that have mounted up on me over the last few months have seemed at times almost overwhelming. It appears to be more than a coincidence that today, an oppressive mood has lifted and somehow ironic that it's the 1st of December and the start of Advent - the countdown to Christmas.

The fourth Sunday before Christmas or the first of December also marks the start of the new Liturgical or church year and signifies new beginnings. So how apt that this Sunday marked the beginning of an end and today the start of a new period in my life too. Although I'm not religious, a follower of astrology or feel myself easily connected spirituality as other's are, there appears to have been some major cosmic events of late, which have affected those around me. This has all come at an important period for change, bringing powerful feelings and emotions to the surface.

After this difficult last few weeks, with all kinds of outside influences weighing on me, I've realised how I've also come up against some inner conflict. I know there's some tough challenges still ahead of me that need addressing, but today, I'm feeling positive and energised again, ready for the future and what I can make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment