Wednesday 30 December 2015

Cutting Loose


DRUNKEN FOOLS

The tradition of 'letting our hair down' or cutting loose and having a great time is an old one. The Feast of Fools was a period around new year, stemming from the middle ages when even the clergy could be excused for having a bit of drunken debauchery. This tomfoolery is something we tend to celebrate a lot more these days it seems, which is a blessing and can be a curse.

This year has had a good few days of letting go. And this could be the last one for a while as I prepare myself for a 3-4 month alcohol-free fitness period (exceptions made for a boy's ski trip) with 5am starts allowing time to prepare the book I intend to write outlining all the results of my focus for change in 2015.

So, being that I'm recovering from a night of fun, I will keep this one short to make the most of these last moments of crazy abandon before the abstention begins. Cheers! See you all in the pub again once Spring has sprung!




No comments:

Post a Comment