Monday 14 September 2015

Relying on others



IF YOU WANT A JOB DONE PROPERLY...


Mental note to oneself. Don't rely on others to do a job that you can do better yourself.

This is so true. As I found out today, someone I'd been helping out who is a real stickler for being punctual and for being seen to do the right thing, had, after proving to be such a reliable resource, trusted me with a fairly well-paid but simple job, which I outsourced to a friend of a friend...who let me down.

So for all the hard work I've put in over the last few weeks, I'm now seen as a let down by this client because of someone else's tardiness! 

The advantage is that I've now rectified the situation and benefitted financially from doing it myself, plus learned how to get the job done even quicker and at a lower cost than I realised was possible before. But it really is something worth remembering, the old addage is true - to do something well, we really do need to do it ourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment