Tuesday 29 September 2015

Personality Types


KNOW YOUR TYPE

We are not taught how to live in school. We are mostly left to figure things out for ourselves, with some additional help coming from the parents, peers & other wise elders. The rest and arguably best of the findings will come from answers found through investing the time carrying out our own research.

To learn about the fundamental factors that affect our wellbeing, either in a positive or negative way, we have to better understand ourselves and exactly what these factors are. Once we discover some essential facts about our personality types, we can strive towards living a longer, more healthy and fulfilling life.

Merely knowing what our personality types are, can in itself be a revelation (as I have found) that in turn means we'll be better equipped to manage ourselves and ensure the environment we're in is conducive for us to truly be the best we can be.
Type A+B

Understanding where I am today in regards to my current stress related state, where I'm still showing signs of both mental and physical symptoms after 6 months of active rehabilitation, I can see where an understanding of my personality type 'A' would been a benefit for me back at an early stage of my life. I would have surely made more efforts to keep a balance in my work life and definitely avoided staying in an environment where I've been stationed over the last 5.5 years - a place that goes completely against everything I would need for keeping a happy state of being.

Type B characters seem to have an easier time of things. They have less time urgency and are more chilled out in general. Their ability to relax and not worry about sitting around doing nothing means they can think, be creative and enjoy living in the moment more. They are also good at delegating. I can reflect back on a few type 'B's' that I've encountered whose time-keeping and laisse-faire attitude has meant there's been occasions where I've had to step in and pick up another person's job (overloading oneself is another type 'A' trait) to meet a deadline in time. So for a type 'A' it's important to also understand the dynamic with type 'B's' too if we're to avoid getting caught up in the trap of taking on more than we can chew!

Type A characteristics
– Having a strong inner drive to succeed
– Having a great sense of responsibility
– Being self-motivated and disciplined
– Being their own severest critics
– Being perfectionistic and compulsive

Type B characteristics
– Type B personalities are almost the opposite of Type A.
– This type of person is relaxed by nature and has no sense of time urgency
– Type Bs have got no problems relaxing or sitting around without doing very much
– Type Bs may delay the work they have to the last moment and they usually don't get stressed that easily.
– Type B could be an achiever too but their lack of sense of time urgency helps them much in not feeling stressed while doing their tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment