Saturday 19 September 2015

Dictation Freedom


VOICE RECOGNITION

My new favourite tool is the dictation feature on my MacBook Pro. It enables me to get my first draft down in blogger so much quicker. By double tapping the function key, speaking and hitting function again to pause, I can get the bones of what I'm going to say and go back and edit after.

After years of using computers for work, I'm now feeling the effects of over-using my fingers to type and arm to use a mouse. The very action of hunching over a computer has arguably given me a bit of a drooped posture which I'm correcting through yoga and stretching.


Hands Free
Coupled with my other favourite bit of kit - the Sony SB20 bluetooth receiver, I'm now able to walk around the room away from the chair and keyboard altogether! Although I still like to practice my touch typing - the freedom this new technology has now given me will make writing all the more easier on my posture and hands in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment