Thursday 25 June 2015

Regroup


TAKING IT EASY

There comes a point where we have to look at ourselves in the mirror and be realistic to the fact we're not getting any younger. The days of feeling invincible have passed. Try as I might to deceive myself - I'm approaching a mid-life point where it's inevitable that I will get worn out if I keep the 25 year old's lifestyle going like I have been. Burning the candle at both ends and partying like an irresponsible 40yr old can take it's toll and that's why I'm having some time out to take it easy.

Missing out on the fun
I'm telling myself this today, because this time last year I was already on my second day of fun at the Glastonbury festival. So, I'm justifying to myself that it's better being at home this year - but really I'd like to be jumping around in a large Somerset field with 200,000 revellers!

I've been lucky to have this 6 month period of looking after myself. The days of waking and feeling refreshed have far outweighed the tired and hungover ones felt in 2015 so far. So while it would have been fun at a festival this weekend, I recognise it's been a full-on few years of over-revving the engine. I never thought I'd admit it, but it's been a good decision taking my foot off the gas. I've never coasted in the slow lane in my life before. Maybe it's a maturity thing, or maybe I know that there's always another party to be had just around the next corner...!

No comments:

Post a Comment