Wednesday 10 June 2015

Continue Onwards


PUSH THROUGH FOR BIGGER REWARDS

I've been feeling a little below par the last couple of days. I've been having some fun - so maybe the focus has dropped a little... Truth be told, the previous couple of weekends have been a little boozy, so I'm a tad run down, tired and struggling to find motivation. My resolve is at a low ebb when it needs to be strong. Now is a key time for me to step up working towards something new and great. The last 6 months have all been in the right direction for me to do this and there's still a lot more work to do if I'm going to get there. It's just that the goals, which are temporarily out of sight, don't feel within my grasp at this moment in time. But, I know in my heart, that they will be again once I turn the next corner and if I choose to stay on this right path.

Looking this morning at great feats others have achieved in their lives, I've stumbled across another apt post from James Clear - someone who's been writing a blog consistently for 2 years and who's become somewhat of an inspiration for me (and many others). Yet again, his writing has come at the perfect time to help nudge me on when I could so easily have downed tools this morning and allowed my goals to slip.

When Success Is Just Around The Next Corner
It's great having someone to nudge us on/motivate us - but we can do this ourselves too. We just need to remind ourselves of why continuing onwards will bring the solutions and this can easily be achieved by simply revisiting a time of where we've had our previous successes.

I've just been thinking back to the past moments when I've pushed through in times of doubt. And there's been quite a few instances jumping to mind where I've convinced myself and others to keep going that bit further. So many people in this situation don't make it. they don't push on nd don't have the success to fall back on and remind them. Just knowing I can be in that other small group that do push on - spurs me on every time to attempt success. It's funny how it always seems so hard to do at the time yet so insignificant looking back after the event has finished. And it's also worth remembering that it's always those extra pushes past the comfort zone that make for the best rewards.

Challenge Signifies A Reward
I've just realised that this moment in time is the greatest moment to be in! Already, my mood has lifted, because I know how it feels to go on when your mind or others tell you to stop or turn back. I've been here before. It's amazing how much sweeter the successes feels pushing on to the end when you falsely believe you can't go on any further. It's that last little bit between being an almost made it - to the person that's crossing the finish line, where the greatest benefits are found in everything we do. We all potentially have the strength to apply ourselves that extra bit, to make that last push towards the goal which is out of sight, but so close and just around the next corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment