Wednesday 8 July 2015

Run For The Hills


THE IDEAL MAN SPA

It's a bit of a generalisation to say that women like to be pampered more than men, but for me, the idea of a spa weekend is not something I'd ever do with a group of male friends. Not to say I don't like a massage or a Jacuzzi - it's just that men don't really know how to really look after themselves in that regard and if they ever do go to a spa - it's not really discussed with their mates. Again, I'm generalising. But....this weekend, I've realised what an ideal spa break for me is. A trip to the mountains for some life-threatening activities, followed by death-cheating celebratory drinking filled with many moments of laughter.

It's amazing how much clarity of thought you can get after really concentrating on not hurting yourself up a mountain - all other worries and concerns are pushed right out of the mind. It's the exhilaration and thrill of doing something potentially dangerous with your friends with a bit of competition thrown in and banter in the pub afterwards that make my man-spa weekends. And for a bit of conventional spa treatment - booking in at a spa hotel like the Grandes Rousses Hotel where we stayed, means theres even a jacuzzi to relax in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment