Friday 1 May 2015

Accessorise For Happiness



POSITIVE INDICATORS

Happiness is a state of mind. It comes and goes so easily if we allow it to. It can appear after a good night's sleep, manifest after a run or walk in the park, be brought on by a song or even when you put your socks on in the morning. 

I was reminded of something important this morning while slipping on some socks (pictured above) that my girlfriend bought me at a shop in Camden, London called Cyberdog. I hadn't really thought about it before now, but suddenly, as I looked closely, a vivid memory played out clearly in my mind. I was reminded of the day when we got these funky 'equaliser' socks and a very happy smile spread across my face.

It's a bit of a story but bare with me... 
I remember being in one of those 'flat' moods. Usually Camden is a fun and vibrant place for me to hang out. Cyberdog is a crazy place in the famous Stables market, alive with banging trance music and UV lights making everything in the store glow - like in a nightclub. It's fun. I wasn't feeling it. So my girlfriend encouraged me to get these socks. I was so 'flat' that I couldn't appreciate their value at the time. Looking at how tired these socks appear this morning, it's clear they've had a very good run. I've come to love these socks. The other pairs don't really get much of a look in. I really hope I can buy more to replace these older ones because they make me feel happy. So, I'm already planning on going back to Camden this weekend - a bank holiday - and a weekend of fun!

The Point Of This Story
Wearing items of clothing or jewellery that have meaning will remind us of happy times/occasions and places. It will unconsciously trigger happy feelings and boost confidence. And if you make a point of wearing your favourite clothing and accessories in the morning, chances are you'll take a happy vibe with you throughout the rest of the day too. 

The most important realisation that I took from this lesson today....It came to me in the instant when I realised why these socks even existed for me in the first place. An appreciation for the glorious person who brightened my day when we got the socks and has continued to bring happiness in my life every day. Wearing these socks is a reminder of my good fortune. 



I am so lucky to have such a wonderful life partner, girlfriend, co-pilot - my soul mate - someone who can lift me up on a dull day. 

And who could have thought that a pair of socks could bring about such feelings of joy today...!😊

No comments:

Post a Comment